The Julian Middle School PTO Mission
- Promote the welfare of youth in the home, the school and the community.
- Bring into closer relationship the home and school so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of youth.
- Develop united efforts between educators and the general public to secure the highest advantages in mental, physical and social education for all youth.
What We Do
Here are just some of the things the Julian PTO brings to Percy Julian Middle School through fundraising and volunteer hours:
- Classroom equipment and activities (e.g., 3-D Printer, special class projects).
- Support of the Julian Media Center (library books and multimedia supplies).
- Honor Roll Celebrations and 8th Grade Dance.
- Performing Arts costumes, supplies, lighting, staging and sound equipment.
- Speech and Drama Festival Support.
- Choir Competition Support.
- Athletics - equipment, uniforms, and transportation for our teams.
- Academics - Support for academic competitions, for the Oak Park Education Foundation (e.g., VEX Robotics), for the Julian Math Team, as well as many other local programs that benefit Julian scholars.
- Academic Field Trip subsidies for students who require financial assistance.
- Teacher Recognition/Support (e.g., staff appreciation breakfast, conference dinners).