- Institute Day, No School: Tuesday, Mar. 20
- Dine Around Town: Q-BBQ, Wednesday, Mar. 21. Details here
- District Choral Festival: Thursday, Mar. 22 at OPRFHS, 7pm
- Spring Break: Monday, Mar. 26-Friday, Mar. 30
8th grade bash
The 8th Grade Bash is quickly approaching! Melanie McQueen has graciously offered to chair this event and has some great ideas to increase student involvement in the planning stages. However, she will need some parent leads to help make this happen. If you are interested in helping as a parent lead (or have questions about what this entails), please contact Melanie. A Sign Up Genius will be distributed after Spring Break to sign up for other positions needed that night.
join the pto
It's never too late! Be a Part of Julian PTO 2017-2018!
All Julian parents, guardians, and staff members are automatically members of the PTO. Here is our PTO Welcome Letter, which lists some of our accomplishments along with dates of all the PTO meetings. Feel free to attend any general meeting, volunteer for any PTO events or activities, or email us at any time at PTOJulian@gmail.com. We are a volunteer organization, and we rely on the helping hands and shared ideas of parents and staff members to keep things moving forward. Here's your chance to get more involved at Julian. Drop off your filled out Volunteer Form at the school office, or fill out the online Volunteer Form.
DIne around town
Dine Around Town this Wednesday, March 21! Drop by Q-BBQ at 124 N. Marion St. anytime between 11:00 am - 9:00 pm. Be sure to show a copy of the flyer (either printed or electronic) when you order. Twenty percent of the bill goes back to Julian and helps fund programs for our students/teachers and staff.
get to know your pto
Last year, 787 of our Julian students engaged in one-of-a-kind, hands-on projects in science, architecture, and technology - all free of charge thanks to the support of the Oak Park Education Foundation. We saw wonderful moments of real-world connections. And, the PTO just donated $3,500 to OPEF to help keep these opportunities available for our students.
PARENTS FACEBOOK PAGE
The Percy Julian Middle School Parents page is a great way to communicate with other parents and ask questions about your school related events and issues. Request to join be clicking the link.
EARN MONEY FOR THE PTO
Earn money for Julian PTO when you shop at Amazon. Begin your shopping through the link here and our PTO will earn .5% of your total sale, at no expense to you. First time Amazon Smile shoppers will find our organization by typing Percy Julian School PTO.
- Save your Box Tops for Education and help earn money for our school. Send your Box Tops in with your child, drop off at the school office, or bring them in during conferences. Our first submission deadline is October 20th.
- Do Re Mi's Rehearsal: 8:00am
- Spoken Word Club: 3:30-5:00pm Room B205
- Green Team: 3:30-4:30pm Room A203
- Math Club: 3:30-4:15pm Room B207
- Spanish Tutoring: 3:35-4:05pm Room C308
- Boys Volleyball vs. Irving (home) JV plays first at 4pm
- No School - Institute Day
- CAST Buona Beef Lunch
- Jukebox Rehearsal 8:00 am
- Best Buddies: 3:30-4:30 pm
- Spanish Tutoring: 3:35-4:05 pm Room C409
- Rainbow Tribe Meeting: 3:30-4:30 pm Room B405
- Vex In House League: 3:30-4:30 pm
- Chess Club: 3:30-4:30pm Room C405
- Boys Volleyball vs. Freedom (away) JV plays first at 4pm
- Julian Jives: 8:00am Room D104
- Men's Ensemble: 8:00 am
- Peer Tutoring-6th Graders: 8:00-8:45 am Room B207
- PRIME Time Tutoring: 8:00 am Room C204
- Spoken Word Club: 8:00 am Room B205
- Girls F.L.O.W.: 3:30-5:30 pm Room A126
- Art Club: 3:30pm Room D304
- Homework Club: 3:35-4:30 pm
- PTO Domino's Pizza Lunch